Title: SQL Server DBA
Duration: 6-7 months
Design, install, maintain and upgrade the enterprise databases (development, testing, and production). They provide technical expertise in the use of database technology and are accountable for the overall performance of the enterprise database environment. Database Administrators work closely with business and system analysts and solution developers to define and resolve information flow and content issues-helping to transform business requirements into environment specific databases. Database Administrators develop databases across multiple platforms. They support the transformation of business requirements into database solutions. Once a database is in place, they monitor and analyze performance metrics and then allocate database resources to achieve optimum database performance. Individuals implement and perform backup and recovery procedures for the enterprise databases and help develop the tools and techniques that allow customers to access data in a secure environment.
Top 3 Required Skills/Experience (At least 5 years)
- SQL Server database experience
- SQL Server data movement techniques including SSIS, SSAS & DTS
- SQL Server 2018 & 2013 experience
- 5 years of database administration experience working with SQL Server database and Windows Operating System.
- Advanced to expert level knowledge and understanding of a SQL Server data migrations from other platforms
- Thorough understanding of performance monitoring, analysis and tuning.
- Broad level of understanding surrounding information systems, application and/or web standards and database licensing. One who knows the advantages of standards, backups, how a data center functions and has simply been around an IT shop to understand how it works.
- SQL Server DBA experience. Please do not send an experienced developer
- BS Computer Science of equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.