· SE role is responsible for providing technical support for the database environment including overseeing the development and organization of the databases, assessment and implementation of new technologies, and providing Information Technology with a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to the business opportunities facing the company. The SE is challenged to work with architecture, application development and operations to help achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives. Trains and develops technical support and applications staff to better utilize on-line processing databases environment. Provides and designs tools to assist in the management of the database and transaction processing environment. Works to provide a working model of our transaction processing environment for capacity assessment and planning.
· Maintain the computer networking system in an production environment by tracking server activity, performing upgrades of software, maintaining computer hardware, addressing questions about technical problems, and improving efficiency by evaluating system network functions. Most work is completed during regular business hours. Occasionally, with new system upgrades or server fixes, work must be completed during odd hours of the night or on weekends. This is when traffic on the application will be at its lowest and thus have less of an impact on business.
· Develops a methodology for the ongoing assessment of application/database performance and the identification of problem areas. Provides leadership during the development and enhancement of production applications including working with applications, technical support and operations during the design, development and implementation of applications. Work with the transaction processing area to develop both the physical and the logical database administration functions and assists in the development of our processing database and computing environments. Work with others in IT to build the logical database area and provide technical guidance during all phases of the development process.Required Experience
- BE or BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred
- 2 -3 years IT operation with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- 3-5 years Microsoft SQL Server experience
- Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments
- Experience with data management and data processing flowcharting techniques
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices
- Monitoring network and server operations.
- Document the design of the network and servers.
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Gathering and reporting out performance metrics, using those metrics to recommend improvements
- identifying opportunities to improve monitoring,
- Write automation, increase performance, and enhance security of production system
- SQL Server 2012 Development
- SCOM development
- SharePoint server 2013 administration
- SSRS, SSIS & SSAS
- Database Administration
- Windows Server 2012
- Database Tuning
- Database Management
- Database Security