We have an immediate requirement, please find below the job description. If interested, kindly reply with your updated resume and current location info to speed up the interview process.NOTE: Kindly respond at email@example.com only while replying to this position.Title:
Denver, CO – Selected candidate can work on-site or off-site depending on preferenceDuration:
Colorado Broadband Collaboration Portal Website DevelopmentProject description:
Migrate Colorado Broadband Collaboration Portal ( http://coloradobroadband.state.co.us/
) from Google site to an HTML 5 code base and allow for the integration of the Colorado Broadband Mapping application into the website structure.
- OIT will provide sitemap and architecture concepts, as well as all content and design elements (graphics, color scheme, etc).
- Contractor will design necessary website structure using HTML 5.0 including any associated elements (Cascading Style Sheets) necessary.
- Contractor will work with Colorado Broadband Map redevelopment team to integrate mapping application into website.
- Contractor will develop the website to be hosted on OIT’s virtualized servers (using Windows 2008 R2).
- Contractor will provide knowledge transfer and training, including documentation, to OIT staff for website maintenance, updates, revisions, and improvements.
- The website will be installed and functional on OIT servers, and knowledge transfer must be complete by June 30, 2015.
Objectives for website redevelopment:
Technical Specifications:Required functionality and features:
- Redesign existing website to be based on open standards that allow for customization and expansion for future needs including the integration of additional features
- Improve user experience of site
- Integrate mapping application into website structure
- Increase web traffic
Required Content/Page Types:
- Consistent and open site structure - Consistent site layout, navigation, functionality and structure based on open HTML 5.0 standards that will have the ability to integrate specific functional ‘drop ins’ such as news feeds, GIS, file sharing, etc. into the structure.
- Broadband Map integration - The map is currently being redeveloped. Contractor must coordinate with the map development team to integrate the map into the website. The map should appear to be part of the site – whether this is done as a separate site with a URL mask or embedded in the site. We want to have consistent header/footer. See the Utah and Illinois site as example of consistent header and navigation. (Examples: http://broadband.utah.gov/map/ and http://www.broadbandillinois.org/maps/index.html
- Browser Compatibility - Website and all features must be fully compatible with all major desktop and mobile web browsers (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, IE 10).
- Google Analytics capable (including per-page tracking capability)
- Fast load time – Many of our users have slow broadband, we cannot have a website that's too big to load.
- Mobile friendly – Must have high mobile usability. Contractor and OIT will agree on approach to mobile usability prior to commencing development.
- Sharing and Printing – Create interface for easy sharing (via email and social networks) and printing of pages, articles, and documents.
- Contact Form – Basic contact/inquiry form to take user input and alert webmaster of entry
- Taxonomy – Taxonomy that matches the canonical Team or Category pages so documents and posts can be related to, and exposed on, specific pages.
Optional functionality and features and page types:While these features do not need to be developed at this time, they should be included if time allows. However, the site should be developed with the awareness that these capabilities will be developed at a later time.
- Home page with news/picture carousel and other highlights from throughout the site. (Examples: http://www.advancecolorado.com/ and http://www.broadbandillinois.org/index.html)
- Static content page
- Map page – to host the mapping application
- Single post (news article, announcement, event information, etc)
- Post listing (news by date, category, author, tag) - Listing of all posts with ability to sort and search
- Teams listing and resource page - This is basically a home page for the teams with map or teams, resources, other pertinent info (teams are also a taxonomy for posts)
- Individual Team page: Individual page for each team, should be a template that gathers all taxonomically referenced materials (events, news, documents) from entire site.
- Document / media library listing – Basic page will contains listing of documents and media files from the entire site. All files should be downloadable. Additional functionality is important but not required for this project:
- The library should be searchable and sortable (by author, title, file type, etc.).
- Ability to tag/categorize documents and filter using tags (see Taxonomy feature).
- Events calendar/listing – list events in chronological order. (Example: http://www.broadbandillinois.org/Calendar/index.html)
- Have ability to tag/categorize and filter based on taxonomy (i.e. choose all events related to a specific team or topic).
- Each event will have a “Single Post” page containing event details. See “Single Post” content type above
- Comments - Ability for public to comment on pages. This could be through a sign-in feature (i.e. “Sign in with Google or Facebook”).
- User profiles/membership
- Page Permissions - Per page permissions to allow access for individuals or groups of users to specific pages or content types (for examples, give a Team leaders ability to post events for their team, but not edit anything else in the site)
- File Upload Capability - Front-end user uploading Plugin to submit documents or media to the site for moderation and review before publishing.
- Page Type: Forum/Discussion Board - Forum page for public (after sign in) to start and to contribute to discussions.
- Page Type: Projects listing – Ability to create sub-page for various projects and maintain a sortable and searchable list of the projects. This also requires development of single project details page.
Selected candidate can work on-site or off-site depending on preference. Weekly on-site meetings will be required. Expenses will not be paid for candidate travel for on-site meetings.
Henry WilliamIT Recruiter | Talent Acquisition Team
CONQUEST TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS | www.conq-tech.com
19 C Trolley Square, Wilmington, DE – 19806
P: 302-357-9147 (Desk) | Fax: 302-288-6485
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | G-talk : henry.conquest17
Phone: (302) 357-9017 (O) | www.conq-tech.com Disclaimer:
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the organization. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.