Position: Technology Solutions Architect
Location: Chicago, IL
Technology Solutions Architect
Solution architecture for OPV, Assortment, promotions, central signs and transportation management projects.
Healthcare and retail industry relevant experience with strong infrastructure knowledge is preferred.
They will act as a bridge by ensuring the LoB application requirements confirm to the ESS reference architecture.
Analyzes the business solution proposed for architecture impacts and defines technology solution architecture focusing on infrastructure, logical and physical layout of the systems and technologies not limited to hardware, distributed and virtual systems, software, security, data management, storage, backup/recovery, appliances, messaging, networking, work flow, interoperability, flexibility, scalability, monitoring and reliability including fault tolerance and disaster recovery in collaboration with Enterprise Architect(s).
· Possession of fundamental skills of a solution architect with ability to inquire and resolve vague requirements
· Ability to analyze existing systems through an interview process with technology SMEs to develop a complete end-to-end Current State Architecture to drive and define the Future State Architecture
· Takes a holistic view and communicate to others to be able to understand the enterprise view to ensure coherence of all aspects of the project as an integrated system
· Perform gap analysis between current state and the future state architecture to identify single points of failure, capabilities, capacity, fault tolerance, hours of operation (SLA), change windows,
· Strong verbal and written communication with proven skills in facilitating the design sessions.
· Able to influence, conceptualize, visualize and communicate the target architecture.
· Able to communicate complex technical or architecture concepts in a simple manner and can adapt to different audiences
· Ability to work independently and market architecture best practices, guidelines, standards, principles, and patterns while working with infrastructure and technology project teams
· Ability to document end-to-end application transaction flows through the enterprise
· Ability to document the technology architecture decision process, and if required develop relevant templates
· Resolve conflicts within infrastructure and application teams, business units and other architects
· Identify opportunities to cut cost without sacrificing the overall business goals.
· Ability to estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives / options
· Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture.
· Proficiency in HP, DELL, IBM technology stack: MB/MQ, WAS, WTX, DataPower, PURE AS, BPM, ODM, PureFlex, Power Systems, Sterling, Rational and others. Oracle (ODA, Exadata, Oracle on AIX, ODI).