Chief Technology Officer Permanent position at Mountain View, CA
Please help pass along to colleagues or associates below position who are looking for new role, If you are not available.
Should someone need more information I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-567-0144.
Thank you for your time. Title: Chief Technology Officer (CTO)Location: Mountain View, CA Type: PermanentJob Description:
Our Client is looking for Chief Technology Officer to join us at our Mountain View, CA headquarters. Our Vision is to create a vibrant ecosystem of top quality learning products for kids plugging into our Adaptive Learning Platform (ALP), starting with a massive multiplayer learning game that teaches English as a second language. Responsibilities:
- Lead our technology organization, which includes game engineers and server engineers across two offices: Mountain View, CA and Seoul, South Korea. You will have responsibility for the team structure, recruiting new engineers, providing standards of excellence for the full engineering team, mentoring, and developing our engineering talent. You will continue to develop a culture of collaboration, speed, learning, scalability, and excellence.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight across a variety of projects planned for the next two years (e.g. integrating Hodoo English as well as other third-party learning apps with our Adaptive Learning Platform, transferring the game to a new game engine (Unity), making Hodoo English cross-platform and massive multiplayer, evolving game services platform, incorporating new speech recognition technology, etc.)
- Provide technical thought leadership on how we should evolve our Adaptive Learning Platform, as well as overall technology infrastructure and architecture. Roll up your sleeves to make it happen.
- As a member of the senior executive team, play an active role in key strategic and operational decisions.
- Benefits for this position include medical and dental insurance. This position will have 3+ direct reports, and will report to to the CEO. The CTO will be required to travel to South Korea 4-6 times a year.
- 15+ years of software design, architecture and implementation experience
- Minimum of 3 Years of experience at a gaming Vision, 3 years at a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) Vision is preferred
- Familiar with various engineering stacks, specifically Java and C++, Game technologies, back-end and front-end technologies, mobile, and a broad range of APIs
- A track record of building and leading strong engineering teams. Engineers love working for and with you. You motivate and inspire your team. You enjoy mentoring and developing talent
- BS in computer science, math, or engineering
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Korean language proficiency
- Master’s degree in science, math, or engineering
- Visionary, enthusiastic, performance-driven self-starter and team player
- Knowledge of product development methodologies and processes
- Strong operational and project management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels of an organization
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills