Basic Job Description:
Take orders and serve food and beverages to patrons at tables in dining establishment.
Job Duties and Tasks for: "Waiter and Waitress"
1) Check patrons' identification in order to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
2) Collect payments from customers.
3) Write patrons' food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
4) Take orders from patrons for food or beverages.
5) Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
6) Serve food and/or beverages to patrons; prepare and serve specialty dishes at tables as required.