CLient : Direct end client
Location : Kings of Prussia
Rate : $67/hr c2c
Duration : 6+months
eBay Enterprise is looking for a software engineer to join the Magento Managed Services practice.
On the Magento Managed Services team you will help launch and support enterprise merchants on Magento Enterprise Edition integrated with various eBay Enterprise solutions including Order Management, Payments and Risk Management. We practice Test-Driven Development, Agile methodologies and Continuous Integration and Deployment.
The Magento platform is built on PHP, the Zend Framework, XML and MySQL. Our DevOps stack is constantly evolving and currently consists of Jenkins, Docker and VMWare vSphere. You should be comfortable working with Linux environments as well as with distributed version control.
• Launch and support merchants on Magento Enterprise Edition
• Develop Magento Extensions integrating eBay Enterprise solutions
• Automate testing at both the unit and integration level
• Participate in and learn from peer code review
• Plan user stories, estimate tasks and groom product backlog
• Write external and internal facing documentation
• Support quality assurance, project management and client teams
Essential Skills & Experience
• Strong fluency with PHP
• Strong understanding of object oriented programming and design patterns
• Strong understanding of Internet and software technologies including HTTP, REST, XML and JSON
• SQL fundamentals, preferably MySQL
• Proficiency with distributed version control such as Git, Mercurial or Bazaar
• Proficiency with Linux environments
• Strong understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and N-tiered systems
• Self-motivation, desire to learn how things work and dedication to master challenges
• Strong problem solving, organizational and communication skills
Preferred Skills & Experience
• Experience with Magento E-commerce
• Experience with Zend Framework
• Experience with cloud virtualization such as OpenStack, Rackspace Cloud or AWS
• Experience with DevOps tooling such as Jenkins, Docker or Vagrant
• Experience with unit tests on an xUnit framework, integration tests, Selenium
• Experience with code review and mentoring developers
1 – What project is this person working on? Migration of SPX from ECP to Magento
2 -What are the “must have” skills? Top 3 Non-negotiable? PHP, XML, SQL
3 - Anything that would be “good to have”; desirable skills but not hard requirements? Magento experience, MySQL, git or other DVCS, object oriented design patterns, PHPUnit, Zend framework
4 - What is your interview process?
- In-person or via phone, or both? Phone screen then onsite. Skype may be substituted for onsite for relocation candidates.
Please share the resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ness USA Inc