Title: Network security engineer
Location: Reston, VA
Duration: 6+ Months
It is part of the Network and Security Engineering Team within the Information Technology Division. This position will provide security engineering support to safeguard the infrastructure, applications and data across multi-site enterprise and data center environments, it’s including the evaluation, design, and implementation and troubleshooting of security infrastructure technologies and solutions.
Responsibilities of JOB
• Work closely with technology and business stakeholders to understand goals, identify security requirements, support security assessments, design and implement security solutions, change support, and ensure secure transition of internal and external hosted applications to production.
• Provide technical guidance, develop design documents, perform product installation, upgrades and certification, implementation plan, deployment and troubleshooting.
• Understand and advocate IT Security standards and reference architectures.
• Support the security risk assessment of applications and infrastructure, including remediation of incident response, vulnerability analysis and threat intelligence.
• Coordination with Operations team for the design, build and production readiness of Security infrastructure solutions supporting mission critical production environments and applications.
• Coordination with Information Security team to ensure solution assurance and compliance to security policy, procedures, standards and baseline security configurations.
• Ensure decisions around IT Security solutions are made and deviations from standards are properly identified, addressed and communicated.
• Stay current with developing technologies, emerging threat landscape and predict impact of changing technologies.
• Provide effective written and oral communication at all levels of management, peers and customers.
• Communicate effectively with clients to identify business needs, development efforts and evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies.
• Continually define ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology, engineering, computer science, related field or equivalent experience.
• 10 years of relevant experience in Information Security.
• 7+ years in a senior level security engineering role with at least five (5) of the following areas are :- network-security, host/endpoint protection, authentication and authorization, federated identity and single sign-on, certificate and key management, directory services, database security and web services security.
• 5+ years of experience with the design, installation, administration and deployment of Vormetric Data Encryption and Symantec Vontu Data Loss Prevention.
• Knowledge of security issues, techniques and implications across computing platforms.
• CISSP, CISSP-ISSEP certification preferred. Other relevant security certifications will be considered.
• Experience in the financial services industry
• Experience with design, implementation and deployment of IBM InfoSphere Guardium.database activity monitoring and deployment of Informatica data masking.
• Must be able to effectively perform both independently and collaboratively as a strong team contributor.
• Ability to adapt to change, provide quality and on-time delivery.