Title : Agile Project Manager
Location : San Bruno,CA
Project Duration : 6+ months
• Manage Online Software Development project activities for multiple projects across all project phases, including initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure.
• Work collaboratively with development team, lead architect and the management to determine technical direction and approach to system design and implementation, including both brand products and supporting systems.
• Create, manage and track project vehicles, including, but not limited to:
o Project schedules
o Detailed project plans
o Project scope statements
o Cost estimates
o Resource plans
o Risk and issues logs
o Status reports
• Tailor project management, development and support processes to meet the needs of individual (new and/or ongoing) projects.
• Manage the day-to-day activities of projects and staff; communicate with project teams as necessary to ensure project deliverables are on schedule and within cost parameters.
• Communicate and collaborate with internal and external customers as needed in regards to project deliverables including managing expectations, presenting and interfacing with sponsors.
• Make decisions and communicate trade-offs and risks; drive key decisions across projects.
• Make recommendations to management about schedules, prioritization and resource allocation with input from team members.
• Provide ongoing project plan/status reporting for use by account managers, clients and management.
• Provide input into strategic planning and asset creation processes.
• Manage resource planning and organizational capacity planning.
• Coach and train project team members on Software Development processes and best practices.
• Contribute to the design and coding of products.
• Manage up to 3 Scrum teams of 5 to 7 team members each to execute projects.
• Contribute to program level activities including M&A activities.
• Demonstrable experience of engagement with Engineering Teams - Configuration Management, Deployment tools, and Continuous Integration – to execute infrastructure projects.
• Flexibility to engage with team in non-regular hours.
• Maturity to navigate and work with senior engineering folks and still get things done. Be a role model servant-leader to bring value to the business with process and tools.
• Demonstrable experience of process improvements in agile world.
• Agile Lifecycle Expertise - preferably coaching/mentoring new Agile Teams.
• B.S. or B.A. degree in Business Administration, Management, Project Management, Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years of hands-on Agile experience
• eCommerce or Retail experience
• Experience leading Software, eCommerce, or SaaS/Cloud based projects
• Five years of experience in a technology environment, including 2-3 years of practical professional experience in project management.
• Experience managing multiple dependencies in project and program delivery
• Ability to guide multiple scrum teams concurrently
• Fundamental understanding of web-based systems programming and development.
• Proficient with MS Project or similar software and MS Office applications.
• Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional project teams.
• Ability to adjust and set priorities to meet deadlines.