Hope you are doing well.
Title: Business Domain Architect
Duration: 6 month contract with a high possibility of going perm
Location: Deerfield, IL.
Must have Pharma exp.
|Position Title:||Business Domain Architect|
|Department:||Architecture BSS R&D|
- Serves as business domain expert and principal architect for a global application landscape across one or more business domains and systems, processes and data architecture.
- Establishes a strategic vision with IT management for the global process, application and data architecture within domain(s) of responsibility.
- Reports to Global Head of Architecture, R&D, QA, and HR.
- Meets the objectives and fulfils the accountabilities (specified below) as applied to multiple R&D business domains.
- Collaborates with other business domain, platform, and technical architects to ensure that solutions are both strategically and technologically aligned.
- Defines, documents, and communicates enterprise and domain specific process, application, and data standards within area(s) of responsibility.
- Using knowledge of business operations, explores and identifies areas for improvement.
- Leads the introduction of new or enhanced capabilities into the application landscape focusing on broad cross-domain or enterprise use; collaborates with the PMO, Functional Teams, and Service Delivery to ensure successful delivery into production and assess the potential for broader use.
- Collaborates with functional teams and other business domain architects to document the application landscape and roadmap – providing an integrated view of core processes, applications, and data across business domains.
- Resolves unique and complex IT architecture problems within area(s) of responsibility.
- Follows all company and departmental policies, procedures and standards.
- Develops and manages relationships with key customers and vendors.
- · May manage vendor resources in project level engagements involving technology strategy, assessments, and implementation of emerging capabilities.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with business processes, systems, applications, data and services within area of responsibility
- Excellent communication skills with ability to explain architectural concepts to lay audiences. Experienced in working with board level stakeholders and senior management.
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude
- Experienced cross-team leader to ensure successful delivery of solutions
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills - demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills
- Strong experience of developing Services Orientated Architectures (SOA)
- Excellent knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies such as TOGAF or the equivalent
- Deep knowledge of application solutions in their domain areas.
- In-depth pharmaceutical industry and drug development experience is preferred
- Ability to write and speak in the English language
- Excellent skills in building multi-cultural relationships via strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Experience supporting global business functions and implementing global and/or large, complex applications.
- Design and/or architecture experience in one or more of the following:
- Research and Discovery (including LIMS and/or big data).
- Translational Medicine
- Non-Clinical Development
- Clinical Development
- Pharma co-vigilance
- Regulatory Affairs
- Medical Affairs
- Working understanding of pharmaceutical R&D processes.
- Understanding of key industry standards for management of R&D information (e.g. CDISC, eCTD, XEVMPD/IDMP)
- Experience with formal SDLC methodology.
- Experience with system validation processes.
|Desired: Formal qualification in Enterprise Architecture (e.g. TOGAF or equivalent)|
- Access to transportation to attend meetings
- Ability to fly to meetings regionally and globally