Project Manager III
Duration: 6 Months Job Description:
Contractor must work onsite and we prefer that the contract have experience working with the State.
We are recruiting for a Senior Project Manager (PM) with recent experience managing at the program and project level to support initiating and planning activities associated with a complex effort with substantial technology components.
To be considered, please read through the remainder of the description and you must submit answers to the required supplemental questions attached.
The work the Senior PM will perform includes standard PMBOK project management practices such as identifying and organizing work, developing Work Breakdown Structures, building detailed fully loaded resource plans and schedules, developing communication plans, identify tracking and managing risks and issues, coordinating, report preparation and presentations, and engaging appropriate business and technical resources. This work may require early morning, late evening and possible weekend work to meet deadlines.
The Senior PM is expected to provide project management leadership and support for these specific near team work efforts listed below:
- Support activities to secure independent services to develop detailed requirements supporting multiple functions, evaluate alternatives, and complete detailed cost benefit analysis.
- Engage and support OIS and Business Program representatives in the development and approval of a Business Plan/Business Case(s) outlining the over-arching goals, objectives, business criteria, requirements and major outcomes for this initiative.
- Support activities for identification and prioritization of specific projects in alignment with the Business Plan/Business Case and Strategic Technology Plan.
- Coordinate activities associated with development of enterprise data definitions, high-level logical data models, and common foundational data elements.
- Support business efforts to develop detailed business cases for prioritized projects up to and including facilitating the documents through the State review and approval process.
- Support business and technology efforts to develop high level functional and technical requirements in alignment with goals and objectives outlined in the Business Plan/Business Case.
- Coordinate the evaluation and identification of technical resources needed to support project efforts and identified goals.
- Draft, update, and facilitate the submission and presentation State and Federal funding documents and reports as appropriate.
- Draft monthly and Quarterly State, Legislative Fiscal Office, and Federal project status reports as applicable.
- Facilitate and complete quality assurance report reviews, responses, and action/mitigation plans through approval process.
- Ensure project artifacts and practices including risk and issue management plans and logs, charters, project WBS and schedule are developed and maintained to support these activities.
Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects. Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project. May require a bachelor's degree and 7 or more years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May lead and direct the work of Contractor staff. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Alex Watson,Sr. IT Recruiter | Talent Acquisition Team
Direct Number: 302-356-1423
| E-mail: email@example.com
19 C Trolley Square, Wilmington, DE – 19806
Office: (302) 357-9017
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and protected by law. It is intended for and should be used by the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient or an authorized agent or employee who is able to deliver it to such individual or entity, you are notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender identified above and immediately delete this transmission. Thank you for your assistance.