For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition-an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
Given the complexity associated with technology needs and customer expectations, to begin with you will be responsible to execute low to medium complex Software & Hardware strategy deliverables of NOS portfolio which includes Proactive Software Recommendation (Bug Analysis) and other proactive reports generated through Cisco tools. You will also be collaborating and working closely with other customer facing Cisco NCE while working on assigned deliverables.
As you elevate and showcase your skill sets on technology domains, delivery quality, demonstrate confidence and maturity while working with customers and peers, you will also be involved in highly complex NOS deliverables which includes but not only limited to design reviews, implementation services and other challenging activities. You will then also be handling customers independently, responsible for end-to-end delivery and maintaining customer intimacy and satisfaction.
Apart from regular customer delivery and commitments, you are also required to fulfill below objectives:
1) Knowledge Transfer and conducting technology/product training.
2) Generates reusable Intellectual Capital in the form of standard customer deliverables.
3) Act in a technical team leadership capacity
4) Active participant in virtual technology teams within Advanced Services.
5) Active participant in initiatives driven by the team
Technical Skills required
1) Demonstrated experience in network engineering or telecommunications support environment.
2) Strong understanding of Routing & Switching technologies, experience in planning, design & implementation of network infrastructure
3) Experience and Knowledge of the following technologies: OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, Muticast, QoS & switching (LAN, VTP, STP etc) technologies.
4) Good knowledge and experience on the following products (Any 3): Cisco7600, Cisco 6500, Cisco 12000, Integrated Services Routers, ASR 1000, Nexus product families and Advanced Technology products
5) Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
6) Demonstrated industry awareness
7) CCIE or other top level networking industry certification is highly desirable
8) Ability to technically manage small projects sections of large, complex projects. Be able to multi-task.
9) Experience in working & collaborating with Global teams.
10) Ability to work successfully as a team member in a cross-functional matrix environment.
Consulting skills required
· Passionate, persuasive, articulate data center technical professional capable of quickly establishing interest and credibility in how to design, deploy and operate server based technologies within the virtualised data center of the future.
· Strong written, verbal and chalk board skills
· Understands and can articulate the technical merits and value of data center virtualisation
· Strong customer-interaction skills .
· Ability to quickly establish credibility and excitement with personnel, as well as work collaboratively and in hands on manner with technical professionals.
· Proven ability to document appropriate technical information to serve as base for training, technical operations run books and knowledge objects.
· 6+ Years of IP Internetworking experience, Routing, Switching, MPLS, QoS etc.
· Ability to leverage technical expertise of others
· Experience in troubleshooting and identifying resolution in a large-scale complex
· CCIE will be an added advantage
· Typically requires BE or equivalent plus 6-8 years related technical experience