Northbrook, ILStart Date:
6 MonthsNo. Of positions
: 3 Manager Notes
Purpose & Scope:
- Advanced Degree and Pharma Publication experience is required, PhD preferred.
- Contractors will be working with internal & external publications
- Willing to consider candidates from pharma or a pharma publication. An academia background will not work.
- No remote candidates.
- Traditional (regulatory) Medical Writers are not a fit unless they also have strong Medical Publications experience.
- Experience with Oncology, Infectious Disease and/or Urology is a plus, but not required.
- Manager will review CVs and setup interviews immediately
The Project Manager is responsible for driving data dissemination of core our client products through high quality peer-reviewed publications that extend the knowledge of our client products by patients and the medical community. The incumbent will develop globally aligned strategic publication plans for a set of products, lead English-language publication activities in the product publication plan globally for all Our client marketed products and compounds in post-POC clinical development, and work with key stakeholders in GMA, Regional MA, and GD. Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Engages Director & Senior Director leaders across Our client global medical community in the translation of medical strategies & objectives into actionable strategic publication plans
- Evolves strategic publication plans in line with clinical development milestones and changes in the scientific, regulatory and access landscapes globally and in key markets
- Gains endorsement strategic publication plans (Annual Publication Plans per product) by governance bodies per company policy and SOPs prior to execution
- Demonstrates understanding of disease area, medical strategies & objectives required to provide strategic input to leaders on matters related to publication planning & data disclosure
- Implements effective & consistent strategies for engaging external expertise (e.g. Publication Steering Committees) to advise on & shape strategic publication plans
- Fosters collaborative relationships with academic & clinical experts, publishers, medical associations & other relevant stakeholder groups
- Leads the execution of the publication platform across the portfolio (abstracts, presentations) at prioritized International & Regional congresses
- Reviews publication drafts for scientific quality and to ensure alignment & consistency with author direction, scientific communication platform & key communication points supported by data
- Facilitates decision making during publication planning & execution process through effective alignment across a broad range key internal stakeholders (CMTs, GDPTs, Health Outcomes & Alliance stakeholders)
- Accountable for meeting budget objectives, projects goals within department priorities
- Responsible for design, development implementation and maintenance of robust strategic publications plans for in scope products (target 2-3 per publication lead)
- Work cross functionally with other Our client groups to apply strategic publication plan to meet the needs of Medical
- Reports to the Director, TA Publication Lead
- Liaises with SD-level and Director-level Medical leaders within Global Medical Affairs, Region Medical Affairs and Country Medical Affairs
- Member of product-related CMT
- This role requires working with a global team and may involve up to 10% travel.
- Advanced Degree in a scientific or medical discipline (Pharm D, PhD, MD) required
- 10 years’ experience in the healthcare industry with at least 5 years expertise across all aspects of scientific publication strategy, planning and execution
- Past scientific expertise in relevant TA (Oncology, Urology or ID/Tx)
- Demonstrated track record of executing in highly matrix environment working across wide range of functional areas Medical Affairs (Global and Regional), Health Outcomes, R&D, regulatory, legal and commercial teams
- Understanding of clinical trial design and execution, statistical methods and clinical trial data reporting requirements
- Understanding of good publication practices and guidelines, Sunshine Act, IFPMA and Pharma Code of Conduct, ICMJE, GPP2, and other guidelines related to publications and scientific data communication
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with exceptional time management skills are required for this highly visible global position
- Ability to function effectively on a strategic as well as tactical basis
- Demonstrated track record of managing multiple priorities with successful outcomes
- Working knowledge and familiarity with publication management tools & systems
Thank you,Best regards, Nelson WhiteSr. IT Recruiter | Talent Acquisition TeamE-mail:- Nelson@conq-tech.com
- Doctoral degree or equivalent, with preference for M.D. or Ph.D.
- Experience managing publications in a global environment
- Medical writing (post-marketing) experience
302-357-9147Conquest Tech Solutions
19 C Trolley Square, Wilmington, DE – 19806Office:
(302) 357-9017 | Fax: