Mid-Level Front-End Web Developer - have to be GC or citizen only -
Location: King of Prussia, PA
Duration: 8-12 months plus
send the resume to firstname.lastname@example.org only
You will be a member of a cross-functional team that builds and supports web stores and microsites across a variety of platforms, from full e-commerce systems like Magento to simple static sites built with Jekyll. Given the breadth of work we do, ability and flexibility to shift gears quickly are essential.
To fit our team, you should see web development as craft and have a drive to always hone your core skills and learn new techniques. While framework and library skills are a bonus, you should be able to work equally well without them in any language you use.
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Expertise in HTML5 and responsive CSS3
• Working knowledge of a server side programming language, such as JSP/JSTL, PHP, Python, Ruby or Node.js
• Comfort with performing basic tasks on the Linux command line
• Knowledge of accessibility and front-end performance best practices
• Strong written and oral communication skills
Preferred Skills & Experience
• Magento Front-End Developer certification or equivalent experience
• Experience with SASS, Grunt and similar workflow tools
• Experience with version control, ideally Git
• Experience with modern, object-oriented PHP and/or JSP/JSTL
• Experience in an interactive agency setting, ideally with e-commerce
1 – What project is this person working on?
The req is to support the work of migrating Spanx from ECP to Magento. Whether they actually work on this specific project, though depends on what skill set we find. We may shuffle around projects to best match.
2 -What are the “must have” skills? Top 3 Non-negotiable?
3 - Anything that would be “good to have”; desirable skills but not hard requirements?
These are covered pretty well in the job description. (I always tweak them each time—it's not boilerplate.)
Magento front-end dev experience will be the differentiator if anybody has it in significant amount; however, since I know that market is slim, I wouldn't call it non-negotiable or we may never find anybody.
4 - Are there any companies that you’d like to see candidates from?
Experience at another Magento SI (system integrator) would be ideal, but we shouldn't rule candidates out if they don't have that. Sumo Heavy moved to NYC a couple years ago, but anybody who worked there would be ideal.