Job ID: 2015006227
Title: Project Administrator
Duration: 04/27/2015 - 01/26/2016
Location: Denver , Colorado
This statement of work describes the expectations of the Governor’s Office of Information Technology’s (OIT) Strategy Office to provide project administration services to the FirstNet Colorado/Public Safety Broadband team.
FirstNet Colorado, www.FirstNetColorado.org, is the team tasked with leading Colorado’s efforts to plan for, develop and support deployment of the National Public Safety Broadband Network (NPSBN) in partnership with the First Responder Network Authority or FirstNet (www.FirstNet.gov). This position is paid for by the U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC), National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA), using funds under award 08-10-S13008. The statements, findings, conclusions, and recommendations are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of NTIA, DOC or FirstNet.
This position will support extensive project coordination and data collection activities related to public safety broadband including, but not limited to assisting on five general topics:
- Coverage – desired coverage areas and deployment phases
- Users and Operational Areas – information on potential user base and their operational areas
- Capacity Planning – information on applications and data usage
- Current Providers/Procurement – information on current service providers, plans and potential barriers to adoption
- State Plan Decision – documentation of the process and potential barriers for State Plan decision-making
Under the direction of the OIT Broadband Program Manager or his designee, the selected candidate will support of all aspects of the FirstNet Colorado/Public Safety Broadband program including but not limited to: project documentation/requirements gathering, project coordination, and data entry for FirstNet directed data collection, stakeholder education and outreach, scheduling, website support, and other duties as assigned.
There may be minimal travel required on occasion throughout Colorado. Advance notice will be provided and any expenses can be reimbursed through the grant.