Job Title : Build & Release Engineer
Location : Sunnyvale , CA
Duration : 6+ months
Rate : DOE
closely with developers in supporting new application feature and services launches, and manage applications using automated deployment tools.
Monitor, support and deploy our multi-tenant solutions at scale, impacting millions of customers worldwide.
Build the tools the team requires.
Interact with Walmart engineering teams across geographies to leverage expertise and contribute to the tech community.
Our Ideal Candidate
Focused, self-driven engineer demonstrating up-to-date expertise in Release Engineering and applies this to development, execution, and improvement of action plans
• Bachelor's Degree and 4 yrs. of experience or Master’s Degree with 2 yrs. of experience in Computer Science or related field
• 8+ years experience in build, deploy, troubleshooting and maintaining web services & Portal applications. Should be able to support, manage and maintain Production and Non-Production environments
• Experience and expert in at least two of these programming languages Python, Ruby, Perl, and Java.
• Experience in Build tools like Make, ANT, Maven or Rake.
• Experience in any of the deployment tools like Puppet, Ansible, Chef or Salt.
• Experience in Build Automation tools like Jenkins, BuiltBot or CruiseControl.
• Experience working with cross-functional teams such as Platforms, Tools, other operational teams.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences.
• Experience working in a large scale operational environment. Experience working in Linux/Unix environment required.
• Experience with NetScaler, Cassandra, or Couchbase a plus.
• Experience with Oracle database would be a plus
• A self-motivated learner and builder with strong customer focus and obsession with quality