Job title : Financial Manager ( Financial Processes & Systems)
Location : San Bruno, CA
Duration : 6 + months
Rate : Negotiable
Client is looking for a hands-on, practiced leader with knowledge and experience in finance, accounting process and systems. They will be instrumental in implementing key initiatives with the appropriating accounting in place to ensure a strong control environment and financial reporting.
They will be integral in providing analysis on operational and strategic decisions affecting solutions in areas, such as: Financial Reporting, Governance, Controls and Systems. They will work collaboratively with the financial reporting teams, engineering, product management and the business to understand the business need, to then develop the appropriate finance requirements.
Responsibilities and scope of this role includes:
- Leads and coordinates multi-functional (e.g. Finance, Tax, Operations) group sessions to drive the strategic business goals of global accounting practices and management reporting
- Develops and documents systems, operations, accounting, and reporting flows for medium- to large-scale business processes
- Be an integral member of various project teams to change/improve processes as the company evolves.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Proposes and presents solutions and process improvements to Global eCommerce (GeC) Controllership senior management
- Ensures business needs and requirements are being met
- Serves as business and financial consulting expert for international and domestic markets
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting (CPA, Master’s or MBA a plus)
- 4-7 years of experience, with increasing responsibility within the Finance organization
- 2+ years’ experience collaborating across functions
- Detail oriented and organized
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Experience as a Certified Internal Auditor or Certified Management Accountant a plus
- Knowledge of on line payments and reconciliations a plus
- 2 years’ experience in retail or eCommerce finance is a plus