Hope you are doing well,
We are looking for Data Scientist
for a contract position at New York City.
Please review below job details and send me your most updated profile, Appreciate if you can refer your friends or colleagues who might be looking for a job. Job Title: Data ScientistLocation: New York City, NYDuration: 6 Months (Work will be for 9hrs /day) Note: client is looking for a data scientist but heavier on the technology side. Candidate should be strong with Hadoop / Sqoop / Hive / Impala. Job Description:Overall Responsibilities:
- Senior data scientist.
- Research various analytical approaches
- Recommend and develop mathematical algorithms for related business problems
- Communicate and direct development teams on implementation of statistical models
- Interface with Business users and gather feedback on delivered analytical data.
- Deploy solutions on to big data platforms
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
Required Skills:Technical / Analytical Skills:
- Work on one of following initiatives within Predictive Client Analytics group: RFM recommendations, CCAR and other projects TBD
- Validation of analytical approaches produced by vendor and 3rd party consulting teams
- Developing data validation methods
Nice to have:
- Excellent understanding and experience with application of machine learning concepts and techniques (linear/logistic regression, clustering, classification, PCA, Naive Bayes, association rules, Collaborative Filtering, recommendation techniques etc)
- Experience with regression techniques for modeling the relationship between an output variable and several input variables
- Experience with Big Data technologies
- Experience with visualization tools like Tableau
- Experience creating interface specification documents, attribute mapping documents, functional specifications
- Experience with web scraping
- Experience with Text Matching applications
- Understanding of regulatory guidelines (CCAR, Basel) around Model Risk Management
- Working knowledge of various Fixed Income and Equities products, for example Derivatives, FX and Cash Equities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Python, R, SQL, Hive, Spark
Statistical analysis: To understand and work around possible limitations in models
Being able to develop hypothesis and test the Hypothesis with careful experiments
Research and implement data mining machine learning algorithms in supervised and unsupervised learning areas
Should have experience with time series modeling
Should have experience with optimization approaches
Familiarity with the Big Data Ecosystem tools: Hadoop, Hive, Impala, Mahout, Spark(Spark SQL, MLLib),Hbase and be comfortable with the using the tools
Strong experience in data manipulation using SQL on Hive/Impala or other Databases
Experience in developing and deploying model with Mahout, Spark MLLib is preferable.
Must be proficient in programming either R/Python/Scala.
Should have experience in Financial services industry -Capital market would be preferable
Should have exposure to Data Visualization tools: Tableu(Preferable)/Qlickview/Excel
Thanks & Regards
IT Recruiter | Talent Acquisition Team
Conquest Tech Solutions, Inc. | www.conq-tech.com
19 C Trolley Square, Wilmington, DE 19806
P: (415) 424-4275
(Desk) | Fax: 302-288-6485
| G-talk : henry.conquest17
I would greatly appreciate to be connected with you on LinkedIn Network.
Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the organization. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.