· The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor works as part of a team that accurately creates, enters, edits, and maintains product information elements (metadata) for all Audible products.
· The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor focuses on ensuring completeness, accuracy, and suitability of all metadata.
· The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor is also an energetic and creative troubleshooter who works with a wide variety of people regarding all issues related to content.
· The ideal candidate should be an avid consumer of media, including books/periodicals (audio and digital reader), websites, blogs, and other digital content sources.
· He/she is also a self-starter with impeccable organizational and analytical skills, a confident and upbeat communicator via written and verbal business communication skills, highly organized and detail oriented, and able to thrive in a high-energy entrepreneurial environment.
· Previous proofreading and/or copy editing experience would be valuable.
· The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor proofreads and fact checks all product descriptions and supporting information prior to releasing a product to be published to Client marketplaces (Audible stores, Amazon.com, iTunes). Key elements such as a product's price, on-sale date, territory rights, availability, provider, royalty earner, associated Amazon ASIN code, and all taxonomy elements are top priority areas of review.
· The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor also provides QA for Audible style in product descriptions, data consistency, and related product linking for all product metadata.
· The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor needs to meet daily copy editing quotas and complete prioritized processing requests.
· Indexer/Copyeditor may need to research, edit, rewrite, or occasionally create descriptions for products.
· The Indexer/Copy Editor may need to research and assemble positive product review “blurbs” to be added to product descriptions
· Editorial experience preparing online content
· Proofreading experience; copy editing experience a plus
· Familiarity with basic HTML formatting
· Working knowledge of database concepts (including Excel skills) and best practices
· Demonstrated multi-tasking and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment
· Demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of people