A busy husband and wife is looking for someone to take care of all duties related to taking care of a house and two people. There are no children to this couple. The person hired would be expected to prepare and cook meals, clean house, take care of laundry, iron or steam clothes if needed, run errands as needed, grocery shop, go to dry cleaners and assist in whatever manner is needed to keep the house running efficiently, organized, clean and couple feed with good meals.
Responsibilities and Duties
It is hard to write the job description for this position as it is new position to this couple but not to the wife as she is accustomed to having someone in this position. The husband is American and an entrepreneur and business owner of a professional services company and the wife is a very successful investment banker and business lady from Beijing, China, who is moving to live with her new husband in the country in Mocksville, North Carolina. Neither couple has time to maintain the household. The wife has grown up in boarding schools and had nanny’s and personal assistance her entire life. The wife is a business lady and relies entirely on her own nanny or personal assistant to cook all meals and keep her house in order (which she has currently in Beijing, China).
The couple has a large house out in the country. The house has a private downstairs area for this person to live if the person would prefer to live and work onsite in the house. This is not a requirement but living quarters with a full private bath, bedroom and kitchen is available if desired. The couple is flexible on work schedule to some degree and would need to be discussed. However, meals are expected to be prepared almost daily for the couple. The wife is Chinese and prefers Chinese prepared meals (not American Chinese food like served at most of US restaurants). Experience with cooking Chinese meals is not required but would expect the person to learn those dishes.
Looking for someone to start on or before February 14th. The couple will consider relocating expenses for the right person and provide free housing, room and board with salary.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate for this position must have the following qualifications:
- The person for this position MUST be female.
- The perfect, ideal candidate for this position would be a Chinese woman with understanding of Chinese language (Mandarin), Chinese culture, dishes, who has taken care of a family previously and understands this role and responsibilities. However, this is not required as it is very difficult to find this person in the USA.
- The couple is looking for someone with a good attitude, willingness to learn, hard worker, has good morals and trustworthy and does not require a lot of direction and able to stay busy with various different work projects and be able to multi-task. This is a new position to a new couple from different cultures and backgrounds so the job responsibilities with be defined more on-the-job.
- A valid driver’s license would be nice to run errands and grocery shop but not necessarily required.
- English skills are not even required if the person can read and speak Mandarin language.