Personal Assistant needed. He/She must be smart and trusth worthy.
This position largely interacts with equivalent levels of internal personnel.
The interaction requires good communication, safely operate equipment & transport of goods, and people skills.
Effectiveness in this role also requires some knowledge of shipping, receiving, and inventory control procedures as well as the ability to understand and interpret team metrics.
The job encounters recurring work situations of a routine nature where the ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position; errors in work could cause delays in schedules or impact the quality of goods.
This position requires the individual to be ready to start to work any shift on-time and maintain strong attendance performance.
The incumbent normally receives general instruction on routine work and detailed instruction on new assignments.
This position is in a warehouse environment under various temperatures including room temperature (59–86 degrees F), cold-room (36-46 degrees F), and/or freezer-room (minus 4 – 23 degrees F). Safely operate distribution equipment, as required.
Key Objectives of the role:
Receives materials and/or finished goods daily.
Verifies the quality, type and amount of materials received are correct and that the appropriate documentation is present (e.g. packing list).
Examines, sorts, arranges, counts, stores, picks, and packs items for storage and/or shipment in accordance with established procedures and customer requirements.
Operates material handling equipment (e.g. hand truck, pallet jack, dock lever, etc.).
Prepares and ships materials and/or finished goods in a timely manner according to customer requirements.
Train new team members the Warehouse Standard Operating Procedures / Work instructions / or Policies and procedures.
May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Lifts to 40 lbs on a regular basis.
Routinely pushes and pulls pallets of goods.
Regularly climbs and reaches.
Saturdays often required
Work required overtime based on business needs.
Satisfactorily completes training requirements and operates within all ISO standards pertaining to site Distribution including, but not limited to, Control of Documents and Quality Policy.
Minimum Qualifications (must have):
High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
1-year related experience
Proven ability to consistently and independently follow policies and procedures; written and verbal instruction, and to meet schedules
Must be able to achieve and pass training and proficiency standards to operate Powered Industrial Equipment.
Must be able to maintain Powered Industrial Equipment certification standards during the length of employment.
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have):
Some experience in logistics with a life science company.
Experience operating Powered Industrial Equipment.
How long you have experience in Manufacturing?
How long you have experience as a Material Handler?
Do you have work experience in the logistics of any life science company?
Do you have any experience in operating the Powered Industrial Equipment?
TekWissen Group is a workforce management provider throughout the USA and many other countries in the world. The below job opportunity is to one of Our clients who offer biotechnology product development services. The Company focuses on providing laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety, and education.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
At work on time every day and be in your work area when scheduled. Works overtime and weekends when needed to accomplish production goals.
Operates forklift, hand truck, tugger, buggy or hoist to unload, store and distribute parts and material.
Performs equipment safety check and completes documentation as required
Maintains current forklift certification (we will train)
Loads, unloads, stores and distributes both purchased material and internally manufactured parts and assemblies.
Checks purchased material order for accuracy; record parts or material received and delivered, as required.
Examines and inspects stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
Initiates non-conformance tickets when parts are identified as defective.
Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or a pallet storage area.
Perform weight counts by selecting sample count to determine the base weight per unit of parts; then add parts until the required weight is met to generate the appropriate part count.
Stores items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas.
Fills pick orders accurately and timely to ensure full production rates are supported.
Distributes material, parts, and assemblies to production lines.
Scans bar codes to manage and maintain the accuracy of inventory storage and change.
Places parts in bins or other locations as designated.
Performs cycle count on designated parts and compares to physical counts of stock and investigate discrepancies or adjusts errors.
Monitors the inventory level of basic parts and materials. Notifies supervisor/coordinator or purchasing, as required of inventory shortages.
Follows HAZMAT safety procedures when handling hazardous materials and completes
MRB sheets and complies with federal laws regulating waste disposal methods.
Performs specific shipping preparation based on order, destination, company, and shipping specific requirements to meet customer requests.
Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming shipments.
Coordinates shipping details such as carrier, special crating requirements, etc.
Wraps product with protective material to protect units during transportation.
Enters product-related information into a computer system to track bar codes, locations or production rates.
Communicates effectively within a department or with other departments to relay key information.
Open to and asks for suggestions and opinions of others regarding materials issues and goals.
Troubleshoots work-related problems to Supervisor, Coordinators or Engineering team.
Performs other duties, provides support and coverage on all operations in the department as requested by the supervisor.
Cross-training and flexibility required.
Maintains a clean and organized work area that supports co-workers as well as safety, efficiency, quality and customer demands.
Fully engaged initiates activities that support department and team goals, suggests improvements in work methods and is actively involved with all of the team activities within the department.
Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices and with ISO standards.
Utilizes computer systems to check e-mail, complete online training and complete
Performance Management and Development goals.
Assures that tools and equipment are in proper condition for usage.
Ability to identify various parts for distribution to production lines and/or to check against purchase orders.
Requires the ability to read and interpret packing lists and requisition and/or pull lists, write, and complete simple forms.
Forklift license preferred or be able to obtain certification within three months.
Knowledge of standard policies/procedures for receiving and/or storage of materials.
Knowledge of Baan would be a plus.
Strong organizational skills.
High school diploma or GED required.
Regular and reliable attendance.
Manufacturing warehouse work experience is preferred.
Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common to the job.
Frequently lifts to 35 pounds.
This position is not approved for relocation assistance
TekWissen Group is a workforce management provider throughout the USA and many other countries in the world. The below job opportunity is to one of Our clients who offers biotechnology product development services. The Company focuses on providing laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety, and education.
Nature and Scope:
• Support manufacturing of product to meet company standards and specification through performing duties in a professional manner within a cohesive team environment.
• Maintain work area clean and free of clutter.
• Perform all duties and task in accordance with safety rules and guidelines.
• Complete all on-the-job training and other required training as assigned.
• Perform all duties and task in accordance with work instructions, quality standards and company policies.
• May perform duties such as hand assembly, loading furnace, computer tracking, inspection, wiring, cleaning, unloading from furnace, removing carbon fixtures, sandblasting, use of power or hand tools, soldering, and packaging parts for transport.
• Record, measure, or report results and take corrective actions when needed.
• Communicate with others, supervisors and managers in a professional and respectful manner.
QUALIFICATIONS to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Production experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Inventory experience preferred
- Professional attitude
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Graduate or GED certified preferred but not necessary. 0 to 1 yr of experience preferred.
Must be able to communicate in English, minimal verbally and written communication, plus ability to read work instructions in English preferred.
Preferred having basic math skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Must be able to record and measure results via logs and reports, both manually or through the computer. Ability to determine when product no longer meets quality standards set by work instructions and understands to notify supervisor.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must have good eyesight (Natural or Corrected) and excellent hand dexterity in both hands. Excellent attention to detail required. Must be available to work a flexible schedule including overtime and weekends. Blue print reading preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend, twist, stoop, pull, push, assemble, and carry for extended periods of time. Ability to lift objects of 10 to 15 lbs regularly and up to 25 lbs occasionally.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to perform in a manufacturing environment that may have high noise levels, dust, chemicals, oil and grease. Ability to work in an environment that may be either hot or cold or humid.
Under general supervision, performs a variety of routine metal fabrication related duties in support of the parts production process.
Working from drawings, route sheets, charts, blueprints and factory work orders incumbent will setup and operate all functions of assigned machines & equipment with minimum assistance. Incumbent will select the appropriate bits, wheels, machine speeds, punches and dye tolerances and feed rates. Will sets dyes, locating devices, stops, clamps, guides, and guards for the safe and efficient operation of the machines & equipment. Will adjust machine settings for various material thicknesses, temper, clamp placements and work order requirements.
· Responsible for inspecting own parts as well as those of others using tools such as tape measures, scales, calipers and possibly various computerized measuring devices.
· Must be able to read and complete production orders, QA and manufacturing documentation as required.
· Performs secondary operations, such as cleaning and debarring, to manufactured parts as required.
· Operates overhead hoists and forklifts to move material and necessary equipment to perform machine operations. Will arrange parts as needed for production and deliver raw stock, partially completed work, and completed jobs to appropriate storage or production areas.
· Records machinery operation variances from normal settings and results. Completes basic preventive maintenance on machinery and equipment. Performs visual safety checks for machine wear, damage to tooling and correct positioning of safety guards.
· Keeps department supplied with consumables such as cartons, skids, tote pans, etc. Cleans area as required. Assists other machine operators as required.
· Incumbent is expected to follow all safety regulations, keep work area in a clean and orderly condition, and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for the assigned work area(s).
· Required to follow Corporate Safety guidelines and may participate in audits, incident investigations, etc. as needed.
· High School Diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
· One (1) to three (3) years of related machine operating experience required – equivalent education background may be substituted for experience in some areas.
· Requires a thorough understanding of shop practices and procedures.
· Requires a basic understanding of producing & inspecting precision components.
· Must be able to read and interpret average to complex blueprints, drawings, diagrams, tolerance information, route sheets, factory work orders, safety guidelines, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
· Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
· Must be able to use various precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, height gauges, calipers, dial indicators, protractors, and tape measures to ensure components have been manufactured to tight tolerances.
· Required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
· Ability to stand and reach with hands and arms.
· Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift, with assistance, up to 100 pounds.
· A general knowledge of personal computers in a Windows environment preferred.
· Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
· Types of machinery will depend on area of assignment but may include: shear, brake press, drill press, Strippit, NC machines, Verson press, roll-forming machine, band saw, drill press, angle lines, 60-ton press, plasma plate punch, straightener, stretch-forming machines, seam welder, planisher, three-hole punch, knuckler and spin lathe.