Top Skills Required: Experience on HP, EMC, Dell equipment
Client and/or governmental clearance may be required.
Perform a variety of very tasks involving the proper shipment and receipt of packages, as well as responsible operation of company vehicle(s) for deliveries and/or pick-ups as directed.
• Receive, open and deliver packages and materials. Unload or assist in unloading trucks (including coils, strip stock, boxes, crates, etc.) using forklift, hand truck or hand jack.
• Verify and record purchase order receipt on computer system to create receiving tag.
• Work with Purchasing and Accounting Departments on purchase order questions or discrepancies. Work with Accounting on C.O.D. deliveries. Work with Sales and Packing Departments on shipments to customers.
• Proficiency in using UPS, Federal Express and other carrier software, forms, rates, and procedures.
• Knowledge of all international export shipping paperwork, documentation and requirements including, Freight Forwarder requirements such as commercial invoices, letters of instructions, sight drafts and export license procedures.
• Familiar with Automated Export Systems (AES) procedures and requirements.
• Driving responsibilities include responsible operation of company vehicle picking up and/or delivering company products and materials as directed.
• Must have valid Massachusetts driver’s license, and must maintain a safe driving record, following all appropriate laws.
• Maintain company vehicle in safe operating condition.
• Monitor operations and take corrective action as required.
• Refer unusual circumstances to group leader or supervisor.
• Maintain established quality standards and follow quality procedures.
• Prepare and maintain records and reports as required.
• Ensure that work area and equipment are maintained in a clean, safe and orderly condition, that prescribed safety measures are followed, and that established company policies and procedures are adhered to.
• Perform other related duties as assigned or as required.
• Work overtime as needed or as required with appropriate notice and in accordance with company policy.
• Move material up to 75 lbs. to other departments using hand truck or cart.
• Maintain shipping and packing inventory needs such as boxes, foam, shipping peanuts and tape.