Position : 1st shift Industrial Electrician IV
Location : Aurora, IL
Duration : 6 Months contract
Client is seeking a 1st shift Industrial Electrician IV in Aurora, IL! Typical work schedule is Monday-Friday, 6:30am – 3:00pm; hours may vary based on business demand.
This position is responsible for providing an advanced level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance and reactive repair on the industrial electrical equipment.
Must have the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot all electrical equipment and systems including, but not limited to, motors, drives, low voltage controls, lighting, etc. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs electrical equipment up to 480v 3 phase and facility systems such as RTU, doors, lighting, VFDs and motors circuits.
- Assures work conforms to NEC guidelines.
- Utilizes the building automation system to track building conditions and the operation of facilities equipment.
- Utilizes strong electrical and mechanical skills in order to complete assignments.
- Performs preventive maintenance on industrial electrical control and operating systems as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment, yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Five years of experience as an industrial maintenance electrician, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Requires the ability to work at height up to 40’ in manlift.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associate’s degree in an Industrial Electrical or related skilled trade program.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing components and circuits up to 480V 3 phase.
- Experience troubleshooting and diagnosing PLC and/or low voltage controls.
- Experience troubleshooting and diagnosing Variable Frequency Drive
- Experience using Multi-meters and Meggers
- Experience in troubleshooting 4-20mA circuits.
- NFPA-70E Training.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.