packing, pulling/checking customer orders, replenishment, shipping and receiving materials, and material handling
General Summary :
Position is responsible for a variety of warehouse duties including packing, pulling/checking customer orders, replenishment, shipping and receiving materials, and material handling and completing all required paperwork in accordance to company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Unloads goods and material received, enters appropriate information into system, labels and locates material.
* Separates customer orders. Pulls and stages orders. Repacks material if required to meet customer specifications. As required, makes boxes, packs, labels and locates materials.
* Ensures all products are properly labelled.
* May perform functions/transactions in designated system to receive or ship material.
* Participates in cycle counting. Enters and verifies information. Researches and makes adjustments as necessary.
* Reviews preventative maintenance check sheets for forklifts. Ensures good working order of machines.
* Follows and complies with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintains departmental housekeeping standards.
* May be required to handle the accumulation, disposal and transportation of hazardous waste. If required to do so, must participate in prerequisite training in order to meet RCRA waste management requirements.
* Drives fork lifts, locomotives, track mobiles or other heavy duty material movers.